Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Steel Thoughts


When I promised a friend that my next post's title would be "Steel Thoughts," I really had no idea what it was going to be about. In doing some "research" in regards to the meaning of the word steel, I immediately knew what direction I was going to take with this latest and greatest blog. (Okay, so it probably isn't going to be the greatest, but stay with me...)

Steel: as found at www.dictionary.com
–noun





1.any of various modified forms of iron, artificially produced, having a carbon content less than that of pig iron and more than that of wrought iron, and having qualities of hardness, elasticity, and strength varying according to composition and heat treatment: generally categorized as having a high, medium, or low-carbon content.


–verb (used with object)






12.to render insensible, inflexible, unyielding, determined, etc.: He steeled himself to perform the dangerous task.


Being the Pittsburgh girl that I am, the "Steel City" is still near and dear to my heart. Those qualities listed in the definitions above, especially those in blue text, are certainly ones that I would associate myself with. Whenever I get an idea in my head, I'm pretty determined to see it to fruition. I do believe that I am strong, not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. I think that in order to be a successful teacher, there has got to be elements of elasticity involved on a daily basis. Not only do I have to be flexible and able to adapt a lesson in a moment's notice, but I also have to have a certain resilience...otherwise the kids would walk all over me.

In recent months, I have learned that while my determination for certain desires of my heart to be met has not wavered; I cannot be unyielding with God. He knows those desires, and in fact, I completely believe that He put them there in the first place. For whatever reason, these things are taking longer than I would have hoped. I know (with some reminding from time to time) that if I rely on the strength that I have in Jesus, He will meet every need, fill every gap, and ease every pain that I encounter while I develop my faith in Him to be as strong as steel.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at your facebook( yes stalking you yet again) and came across this.... it is beautiful and very well writen. You have a gift to express yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at your facebook and found this .... yes stalking again! You have such an incredible gift of expressing yourself and writing ;) You should submit this to a contest! love you!

    ReplyDelete